Monday, November 07, 2011

Matt Groening Fashion Line


SIMPSONS creator Matt Groening has teamed up with Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo for a fashion line.Above: one of the four shirt designs from the collection.

From writer Bronwyn Williams' piece for Stuff.no.nz:

"I met Comme des Garçons through my artist friends Mondongo and liked their wit and sudacity [sic]," says Groening. "I was aware of Kawakubo and her work as an avant garde artist but I never thought my silly work of cartoons and her fashion would ever collide."

The capsule collection is inspired not by The Simpsons cartoon, but by an earlier work of Groening - a comic strip called Life in Hell from 1977 featuring a depressed bunny called Binky and his friends Sheba, Bongo, Akbar and Jeff. The collection of four T-shirts is on sale now through ssense.com.


No comments: