Monday, January 02, 2012

2011

2011 was a good year that brought cartoon classes, some great cartoonist conventions, a gallery show, a new cat and some new clients. Here's a look back:


Above: photo from my table at the Maine Comics Arts Festival. (Photo by Jeff Pert.)

Had a great time at the Maine Comics Arts Fest -- and you can still buy a package of Mike Lynch cartoony items here.


Exclusive! I was able to share Tom Gill's unseen 1960s BRAINS BENTON (above) comic strip proposal on my blog.




The new Reader's Digest paperback LAUGHTER REALLY IS THE BEST MEDICINE was published, with a number of my cartoons inside.




Had an interview in the "All Mike" issue of STAY TOONED Magazine.



My first book cover, for Ed Breslin's story of the dog that changed his life, DRINKING WITH MISS DUTCHIE, was published by St. Martin's Press last spring.



I had a couple of illustrations in the Conde Nast magazine TATLER.




Inaugurated the Art in the Pantry Gallery with a show of original cartoons by myself and Stephanie Piro titled HE DREW SHE DREW.




Had some work published in the two 2011 issues of TREES and HILLS Comics; a collective of NE cartoonists.



Talked shop with some cartoonists.



Sketched our trip to Prince Edward Island.



Chronicled the Favorite Places to Scratch a Cat.



Sketchbook: My Whirlwind Trip to White Plains. 



Sketchbook: Signs of Fall.




Jesus' Corporate Job Interview



Taught cartoon classes in New England, New York and Long Island.

Oh -- and I had some cartoons in FUNNY TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, READER'S DIGEST. and other places.

And ... the best for last:


 Above: Mike Lynch and Richard Thompson at the 2011 Reuben Awards weekend.


It was an honor to be part of the National Cartoonists Society Board and even better to see my friend Richard Thompson win the Reuben. Congratulations, again!

I'm grateful to so many of my friends, colleagues and editors for such a wonderful year. See you in 2012!

1 comment:

Trade Loeffler said...

Great post, Mike! 2011 was a busy and productive year for you. Here's to 2012 being even more so.