Friday, February 21, 2014

Help This Blog

Hey! It's been eight years of the Mike Lynch Cartoons blog!

I don't have to tell you the time commitment that I've put into the blog. I started it because, way back in 2006, there wasn't a blog that talked about professional gag cartooning. There wasn't a place that could tell you about what it was like to do this: the markets, writing gags, how to deal with rejection, how to not procrastinate; letting you know that while cartooning is a job that you may love, it's still hard work.

But time is money and I have to do something I've never done before: ask you to contribute to keep this blog going. Times are tough all over, but if you are a fan of cartoons, a pro, or on your way to becoming a pro -- and if you think this blog is worthy -- please consider helping.


Some of the recent kind words about the blog:


"I read your blog most every day and thoroughly enjoy it."

"Love your blog."

"I know you love all the old cartoonists. you seem concerned about them all ... you don't seem to be jealous of them - just caring towards them."

"Thanks for the inspiration, sir."

No comments: